A New Look for a New You!

Have you ever noticed how you “look” when you’re sick? Look at people in the doctor’s office sometime. Not too good. What about when you call in sick and stay home for the day? You hope nobody shows up at your house unexpectedly. No make up. Your hair isn’t washed. You’re wearing old sweat pants, a t-shirt, or some old baggy pair of pajamas! Your breath stinks. You stink. Your house stinks. Your bedroom smells like “sick”! You get the picture??? Pretty disgusting, isn’t it?

LOOKING bad makes us FEEL bad.

I want you to notice that there are times in the Bible when Jesus healed people, and they instantly got a new image AND they got rid of their old look.

In Mark 10:50, we see the story of Blind Bartimaeus yelling, “Jesus, have mercy on me! Disciples said: ‘Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.’ Throwing his coat aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus.”

One translation says, “He laid aside his beggarly clothes.”

Why? Those clothes represent his old life – the life of a beggar, the life of an outcast. They represent his past and his former image!

One article I read said, “The way we dress communicates a picture of our self worth.” What you wear can profoundly affect the way you feel about yourself.

The way you dress does affect your life, your attitude, your mood, and your choices.

It’s been proven that people will treat you with greater respect when you respect yourself…and the way you dress reveals how you feel about yourself.

Many of us who are wounded emotionally (and sick inside) are showing it in the way we dress and the way we carry ourselves!

•           we don’t care
•           we don’t care about ourselves
•           we don’t care how we look
•           we say everything is too expensive to dress nice
•           we say we don’t want to spend the money on ourselves
•           we just stopped caring…

A new look can help give you a new attitude about your future!

Think about when you get around a sick person that’s unclean, smells bad, looks weak – you don’t even want to be around them – not for any length of time anyway. Well, when we’re sick inside (emotionally), it shows on the outside. And it’s not a wonder why people don’t want to hang out with us – sickness STINKS! Who wants to hang around someone with no vision, no purpose, no goals, no passion?

Take a shower. Get a haircut. Shave those legs. Put some perfume on. Add a little more mascara (my favorite cosmetic)! Go buy a new outfit or a scarf or some accessories. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to look good. I’m one of the biggest bargain shoppers you’ll find. I recently bought a beautiful dress for $8.50! Yes, you read that right! Add a scarf to your outfit. Do something to feel pretty. Do something different physically. Start taking a walk for 10 minutes a day and watch that weight come off. Feeling good about yourself on the outside will also help you feel good about yourself inside (and vice versa).

I want to help you get a new image of yourself as beautiful, healthy, whole — someone with a divine calling on their lives. I’m not saying you have to get all dressed up every day. I’m not saying you have to wear as much mascara as me.

I want you to get a new image of yourself as healed. Do what you need to do to FEEL better about yourself! Lay aside those old clothes that represent that old you!

50 thoughts on “A New Look for a New You!

1. Site Pet For Newbie says:

You’ve perhaps seen movies of hamsters flying off their working wheels as
    a result of they stopped randomly. I’ve seen Teddy poop in his
    food bowl, hoard poop in his house, and retailer it in his cheeks generally.

2. Top Gun: Maverick says:

You can use your public collection. Your community collection could have Jujutsu Kaisen 0 that one could lease at no cost. Phone the local library to discover what Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie they have got.

3. interior designers in bangalore says:

Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but
    after reading through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
    Anyhow, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be bookmarking
    and checking back often!

4. poker online says:

I simply could not depart your web site prior to suggesting that I
    really loved the standard info a person supply for your visitors?
    Is gonna be again frequently to investigate cross-check new posts

5. Series Online says:

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really
    nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come
    back in the future. Many thanks

6. Top Gun: Maverick full movie says:

Acquiring the correct gaming system for online video Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie might be feel. Take a look at testimonials of different Jujutsu Kaisen 0 methods that other folks have recognized problems with the unit.

7. forex says:

In contrast to different international change buying and selling packages, the Forex By no means Lose Trade does exactly what the identify implies.
    You’ll be able to trade for very long hours and avail the tiniest change.
    The excellent news for individuals who are looking
    to grow to be concerned in Foreign trade is that a lot of the experienced people really preserve a running of dwell outcomes to showcase how profitable they’ve been working on the dwell market.
    If forex trading is outfitted with a very good strategy,
    preferably a exclusive one particular can be of wonderful help
    in attaining good results. The excellent news is that everybody
    can join within the frenzy. For a one-time payment that’s less
    than many spend on television programming each month, you possibly can have the Forex By no means
    Lose Trade secret in your fingers immediately. This was expressed
    as much as 4 decimal places for spot transactions from early 1980s up to 2006.
    During the same interval it was expressed up to 6 decimal places in the case
    of swaps or ahead commerce.

8. helloworld says:

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to
    your blog? My website is in the exact same niche as yours and
    my users would certainly benefit from some of the information you
    present here. Please let me know if this okay with you.

Regards!

9. rdiet says:

I will right away grab your rss feed as I can not in finding your
    e-mail subscription link or newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Kindly let me recognize in order that I could subscribe.

Thanks.

10. news says:

Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re using?

I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future
    but I’m having a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most
    blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
    P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

11. agenslot777 says:

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else
    know such detailed about my difficulty. You are amazing!
    Thanks!

12. 윅스출장안마 says:

I am curious to find out what blog system you are utilizing?

I’m experiencing some minor security issues
    with my latest blog and I would like to find something more safe.
    Do you have any solutions?

13. Top Gun: Maverick says:

Video clip Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie has easily overtaken the entire entire world. It’s a wonderful way to destress and spend time carrying out some thing you like. There is indeed a Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie around for all it could be really entertaining to be had. This post will present you with some easy methods to have more out of your movie Jujutsu Kaisen 0 imdb expertise.